Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Extreme/lopsided positions?

In Duo the most extreme appears to be 109-5.

In 2 player, B/R versus Y/G I said it was 218-16. I overlooked the way to 218-14!

I'm wondering what is the most extreme possible is in 4-player: in one human against 3 blokus.com AI players I've gotten 109 with the other three all below 80, but what is possible if the other 3 players are cooperating to get lowest scores? Using the same method that gets the 218-16 2-player result means 2 of the other 3 could be held to 8 each, but then blue/red have to cooperate to block in red, and what then is the minimum score?

And why do I bother wondering about such silly positions? Why not!

1 Comments:

Blogger alisonwonderland said...

Blokus friend Toby Gottfried asked me to pass along the following:

The most lopsided Classic 2 Game
is 218-14 (not 16).
http://www.gottfriedville.net/blokus/reallybad.gif

For the worst Classic 4 game,
the 'best' I could do is
Blue 104 (don't play 1 last; all remaining blue must be played)
Yellow 7
Red 40
Green 7
http://www.gottfriedville.net/blokus/worstC4.png

See you at the Blokus tables!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home