Name changes are fun!
But name changing reduces accountability - so it is harder to know who is a quitter. The current solution that works for most is to play mostly with others you already know, or have seen others play. It particularly helps if you've seen someone lose to someone lower ranked, as that is when the higher ranked player obviously has game-theoretic incentive to quit. That sort of a loss shows integrity, so I think I'll list all the players for whom I have screenshots of them losing to a lower ranked player (usually me). Maybe others will add to that "good-player" list!
And. And I still want to change names, for fun, but I want people to know it is *me* so they know they can defeat me with no worry I will quit. So I'd like blokus.com to show, when I click on a player name, all the other names that that account has had previously! Then I could avoid the few quitters I have seen, and I can retain my reputation (for better or worse) while still enjoying the creativity of naming my avatar, for instance, "impeachbush" , "buytrigon", or "TrexStompedMe" !
But name changing reduces accountability - so it is harder to know who is a quitter. The current solution that works for most is to play mostly with others you already know, or have seen others play. It particularly helps if you've seen someone lose to someone lower ranked, as that is when the higher ranked player obviously has game-theoretic incentive to quit. That sort of a loss shows integrity, so I think I'll list all the players for whom I have screenshots of them losing to a lower ranked player (usually me). Maybe others will add to that "good-player" list!
And. And I still want to change names, for fun, but I want people to know it is *me* so they know they can defeat me with no worry I will quit. So I'd like blokus.com to show, when I click on a player name, all the other names that that account has had previously! Then I could avoid the few quitters I have seen, and I can retain my reputation (for better or worse) while still enjoying the creativity of naming my avatar, for instance, "impeachbush" , "buytrigon", or "TrexStompedMe" !

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home